COVID-19 Support Remote Learning Assistance: Support by your tutor to complete all tasks set by the school.
Benefits of in-home tutoring
- The tutor comes to you so no more drop-off and pick-ups
- Completely individualised tutoring according to your child's needs
- Free access to a number of online Education sites enabling students to practice skills learnt in tutoring sessions
- Dedicated client manager
- Free access to our online tutoring platform allowing tutoring to continue in those times when home-based tutoring is difficult
- All tutors have a current Working with Children Check or VIT registration.
- All tutors have undergone our extensive interview and vetting process.
- Only the best tutors with knowledge of The Australian Curriculum are hired.
- 1/1 or small group
- No contract: simply pay-as-you-go
Year 7-9 Math Tutoring
Math tutoring in the Middle Years is instrumental in developing a deeper understanding of Math concepts and in building a solid foundation for VCE Math.
Students must have a good understanding of all numeracy topics taught in primary school in order to understand the many new Math concepts taught in the Middle Years. In addition, students must be able to combine many concepts within the one problem and be able to solve worded problems.
Each child is different and will have their own areas of difficulty. Therefore, students benefit more from an individualised approach rather than using a prescribed program, often delivered via a computer by other tutoring companies.
Our personal, one-on-one tutoring, targeted to the student's learning needs, can be extremely helpful in addressing students' concerns and improving academic performance. Our Math tutors will assist students to understand concepts, correct misunderstandings, answer worded problems and answer multi-concept problems. In addition, tutors encourage your child to be able to think mathematically and to not just follow a process. These are skills which will be invaluable in their VCE years.
At The Tutoring Company, our specialist Math tutors are adept at instructing students in these skills. All Math tutors are recent graduates with high VCE Math scores, studying aspects of Mathematics at University, or are Australian qualified Math teachers.
All tutors have a current Working with Children Check or VIT registration.
Year 10 and VCE Math Tutoring
Many students benefit from the one-on-one instruction provided by the personal Math Tutors at The Tutoring Company. Specific Math tutoring in Year 10 may better prepare a student for studying VCE Math Methods or Specialist Math, as entry to these subjects often requires a certain pass mark at Year 10.
The Tutoring Company understands the importance of specialised Math tutoring for VCE students, which is why our VCE Math Tuition covers General Math, Math Methods and Specialist Math. We only employ specialist tutors, who are qualified teachers or undergraduates with experience in tutoring VCE students. As specialists, they only tutor Math and are well trained in creating programs that are tailored to each students’ strengths and areas of weakness.